We broke the space heater

My husband and I splurged a little bit and decided to buy a small space heater, but we didn’t really need it for anything, but we figured that we could use the space heater for our bedroom, this would allow us to change the temperature control in the rest of the house and save on bills every month.

When we opened the box for our space heater, we noticed that there was a warning label that you were not supposed to leave space heater running unsupervised.

This meant that you would not be able to use the space furnace at or while you weren’t at home, and I figured that this was just one of those useless warning labels, and I completely ignored it. I plugged that space furnace in, changed the temperature control to the rest of our house, and used our space furnace at night for a few weeks! However, one night, something bad happened, and our space furnace became overheated while we were sleeping, and it melted the power cord. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I realized that I smelled burnt rubber in our house. The furnace wasn’t working, and I noticed that the cord was burnt. You could see the bare wires underneath the rubber cord! Thankfully, the wires flipped the breaker, so our space furnace didn’t catch the house on fire. I was broken up though because I had heard horror stories of people’s houses catching on fire from space heaters, although I didn’t know it. I know we need to listen to warning labels next time.
heating company