Dangerous space heaters

My wife and I splurged a little bit ad decided to buy a small space heater even though we didn’t really need it for anything.

However we figured that we could use the space oil furnace for our room! This would allow us to adjust the thermostat in the rest of the house and save on bills.

When we opened the box for our space heater, my wife and I noticed that there was a warning label that you were not supposed to leave space gas furnaces plugged in unsupervised. This meant that you would not be able to use the space oil furnace at night or while you weren’t at home. However, figured that this was just one of those useless warning labels, and I completely ignored it. I plugged that space oil furnace in, adjusted the thermostat to the rest of my house, and used my space oil furnace during the night for a few weeks. However, one night, something terrible happened. Our space oil furnace became too hot while we were sleeping, and it melted the power cord. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I realized that I smelled burnt rubber in the house. The oil furnace wasn’t actually working. I noticed that the cord was burnt, and you could see the bare wires underneath the rubber! Thankfully, the burnt wires flipped the breaker, so my space oil furnace didn’t catch my house on fire. I was shaken up though because I had heard terrible stories of people’s houses catching on fire from space heaters, but I didn’t believe it. I know we need to listen to warning labels next time.

Digital thermostat