We left a space heater on overnight, and it broke

My wife and I splurged a little bit and decided to purchase a small space heater.

We didn’t really need it for anything, but we figured that we could use the space heater for our room.

This would allow us to adjust the thermostat in the rest of the house and save on bills. When we opened the box for our space heater, we noticed that there was a warning label that you were not supposed to leave space heaters running unsupervised. This meant that you would not be able to use the space heater overnight or while you weren’t at home. I figured that this was just one of those useless warning labels, and I completely ignored it. I plugged that space heater in, adjusted the thermostat to the rest of my house, and used my space heater during the night for a few weeks. However, one night, something terrible happened. Our space heater became overheated while we were sleeping, and it melted the power cord. I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and I realized that I smelled burnt rubber in our house. The heater wasn’t working, and I noticed that the cord was burnt. You could see the bare wires underneath the rubber! Thankfully, the wires flipped the breaker, so my space heater didn’t catch my house on fire. I was shaken up though because I had heard horror stories of peoples houses catching on fire from space heaters, but I didn’t believe it. I guess we need to listen to warning labels next time.

quality HVAC